When people think of introverts, what do you think is the first thing that comes to mind? Perhaps how we like to be independent or prefer little to no interaction. I’m sure you can probably think of few others, however, there is a silver lining for introverts.
Albeit this is somewhat funny, the truth is the following are true blessings and I will explain why.
Few things introverts are good at…
1. Not responding back. We like to decide when we should respond either to a text, phone call, or email. Sure, sometimes we have to respond earlier than we should but we certainly prefer to do this on our own terms.
2. Being alone. I can honestly say that when I’m alone I can a lot of things done whether it’s work, side hustling, or just chores. When I’m not alone, surrounded by a lot of people it can be an energy suck. So, to say I’m inefficient at these times is an understatement.
3. Reading books. When I was younger I didn’t really appreciate books until I got older. When I was older, I learned that if I read a book I was interested in I had a different/wonderful appreciation for books. Not to mention, since I like to be alone (sometimes) I’m able to get lost in the book. BTW – the latest book I am reading is by Jen Sincero, You’re a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life.
4. I’m a non-party animal. Ok, for the record I do like parties, especially those with family. However, being a party animal is something I am not. And, when there are times when I am partaking in “party animal activities” for the next day or so I am completely and utterly drained. I have to spend more time recharging my batteries. So, I am ok with being a non-party animal.
5. Staying home. Staying home for me has a lot to do with security and comfort. When I am not home I am not myself and I admit I hold myself back at times. Regardless, being home allows me stay true to who I am (an introvert). Nothing beats a Friday night at home, a glass of wine, and watching a comedy movie. 🙂
Do you have special (tongue in cheek) things you’re good at?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclaimer.